Thursday, February 05, 2009

Mood: HAPPY/ optimistic


Yes I'm very happy. I know the word happy is too simple and generalized but I can't think of anything else. Something in me clicked and I really think I like my new JC. Academic-wise, I think the teachers seem quite caring and willing to help, and I'm sure they'll be willing to explain things in greater detail to help us understand.

The people there are quite nice too. No, neighbourhood JC doesn't mean it'll be filled with ahbengs and ahlians. I've made a few new friends and I like them. Getting on to JC means you have to choose the right friends and day 4 is too early for me to understand them well, anyway. Plus its really a new experience altogether, I'm no longer in a school with smartass students all around me. That's what most of the society is like, right? Oh, I also found out I'm not racist at all!!!



Next thing is, I feel so motivated right now, time management is my next biggest goal! I'm planning to join band if they take in students with no experience. Because the choir there isn't good at all and I am NOT going to join a lousy choir (though I'm not very good myself), it sucks when the choir can't be like AHSchoir (which I really love). Also, I'd really love to take up a new instrument. I might still be continuing diploma for piano, that depends on my schedule.


My first choice subject combination is H2 Econs Geog Art H1 maths. I REALLY FEEL LIKE TAKING HISTORY BECAUSE THE TEACHERS ARE REALLY GOOD AND I DISCOVERED I REALLY LOVE HISTORY AFTER I STARTED STUDY FOR IT BEFORE O'LEVELS. But....idk, I still love geog alot too...




I'll blog later cause I'm supposed to pack my room now. Idk why but I'm in such a good mood today, I'm actually listening to every single word my parents are saying.

:D

****************************************************************


Well, today was made up of mock lectures, mock lectures and more mock lectures.

The Econs lecture in the auditorium was so filled with people, my OG had to sit on the steps. Imagine almost the whole cohort (around 800 to 900) in an auditorium...econs doesn't seem that bad :D We got the econs notes yesterday so it was basically highlighting and taking down important points. Some parts sound abit like human geog!


One hour later, we attended GP lecture at LT4 and the teacher asked everybody to do a diagnostic test -- argumentative essays. Damn, I haven't been touching those for around a year and a half and have totally forgotten about the structure. What's more, I forgot to write the question number and didn't have enough time to finish off the counter-argument. :/ Its okay, its just a diagnostic test.



The teachers gave us a half an hour break so Gillian and I bought pizzas from the other cafe (not good news cafe) and sat on the wooden tables and chairs near some bushes outside. Pizza kinda sucked, I'm telling you the ONLY thing that's nice is the baked potato -.-


JC2s have been telling us that the chicken rice is not bad but the last time I ate it, it tasted so salty. Well anyway the pizza was STILL PASSABLE, 2.5 bucks for a pizza 15 cm in diameter is quite fine, I guess. Melvin and Shaun from our OG joined us after awhile, the rest of the members couldn't find us cause it was quite a...secluded corner.

The three of us JC1s bombarded Shaun with questions. SP student = retainee. Here are some interesting facts we found out:

1) SP doesn't stand for Senior Pupil, it stands for Spirit of the Phoenix. ROFL SERIOUSLY!!! We were laughing so hard when we heard that cause it really sounds kinda dumb. Idk if its to motivate them or what, its still very funny HAHAHA.

2) Last years' retainees were called Ashes of the Rice (IF I heard correctly). Man, this one's worse than SP. I don't understand how rice ashes can be motivating LOL!!!

3) Our school has some "early bird program" where latecomers (who arrive late more than thrice) would be made to come to school at 7 am everyday for the next week. Those who come late during the early bird program would get some form of couselling. HMM. Better than AHS' detention -.-

4) Vivocity is on the same mrt line as the mrt station near our school, which is i forgot what. Apparently some students like to go there but I DON'T CARE I'M NOT GONNA GO OUT FOR LUNCH EVERY WEEK.

Yeahman mugger in making. We have heartland mall and Hougang mall within walking distance so if they're open before 7 I might eat breakfast there tomorrow lol.



k that's all for the funny school facts, we forgot to keep track of the time and arrived at the LTs 5 minutes late. D: Then the guys came up with the idea of entering from the top (so nobody would see us), History's LT was super full, Bio was full, and even lit was full, we ended up in the Lit lecture which was rather boring in my opinion.

I really wanted to attend the History lecture but it was too full and didn't want to go in late ): Bleh, I'll try to find out from other friends how the history lecture was, I bet it must be really fun cause the history teachers in my school are seriously good (and interesting)!



Next was Maths intro lecture...I'm little guilty about this, but they didn't want to go (one doesn't take maths and the other two don't like it) and I didn't know what to say then so I kinda followed. So we went to the gallery (kinda like the stadium) and bought our uniforms so we don't have to buy them after school 8D Tried them on and spent the rest of the time talking, and even found another of our og friend there.

I don't know why I'm buying my uniform when I'm still hoping for a chance to get into TPJC. My friend says its zhi jue. :X

That place was kinda cool though, breezy and a really nice place to study or catch up with your friends ;D The only bad thing then was that we were the only J1s -__- Ohwell, some people ponned school anyway LOL.



Debrief after 1230 and I 81-ed home with Joan from my og ^_^

Hey I did something productive at home!!




Whatever will happen tomorrow will happen, if TP calls to tell me I'm in I'd be happy of course, but if they say no to me, it'll be fine too. Even though some of you might not have heard of it before or you know it as a freaking lousy school only idiots go to, its SERIOUSLY not that bad.

yup.

Feeling really optimistic ^_^

No comments: